We can draft the right Will for you, help safeguard your family’s financial circumstances for the future, and can often help save our clients a considerable sum of money in Inheritance Tax and legal fees. We can also act as Executor of your Estate.
We have earned a reputation for exceptional pastoral care, and our highly personalised services include providing advice and help for people during their lifetime with regards to arrangements such as convalescence accommodation and residential care.
Granting a Lasting Power of Attorney for both property and financial affairs, and health and welfare can lift a huge weight off your shoulders. KKL will help you prevent the stress and worry that accompanies ill-health and diminishing capabilities.
Why Choose KKL
- We are the Jewish Community’s first and favourite Wills and Estate Planning Organisation
- Our highly qualified team will ensure your Will is legally watertight and can act as Executor in the administration of your Estate
- We can help reduce your Inheritance Tax liability
- Peace of mind in knowing that your needs are being looked after by our caring and professional team
- Our expert advice is free of charge (terms and conditions apply) when you leave a legacy to our parent charity JNF Charitable Trust
In mid-summer our thoughts turn to travel and putting our affairs in order. Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs) are a once-neglected but increasingly visible cousin of Wills. LPAs cover loss of mental capacity through two different LPAs-property & finance and health & welfare.
Please note that LPAs have to be registered with the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) before they can be used. Current registration fee is £110 per power. You can appoint up to 4 attorneys, typically spouses, children, other relatives, friends and/or a trust corporation such as KKL. LPAs can only be used during the lifetime of the donor (person creating the power) and they are not a substitute for a Will. The donor can cancel them at any time provided they still have mental capacity.
The OPG has brought out a very useful online LPA creation tool which you can access here.There is more to say on LPAs and I hope to return to them in a future blog.
In my next blog: Banishing taboos-Appointing your executor…